atw: Re: The Queen's English? - now OFF TOPIC

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:58:04 +1000

Actually, we have now worked around to where I was headed for.  We cow tow
to people who are offended at this or offended at that, and we are not able
to use even "true" language if someone decides to get offended - like "in
the year of our Lord", but political correctness is quite arbitrary and not
actually based on genuine caring or even fairness.

We are allowed to be and are even encouraged to be as abusive as we like
about not-too-pretty and strong minded mature age Anglo Saxon women.  There
is also no protection for mystically minded naive, deep and intense Anglo
Saxon men.   There is no political correctness that tells us we must be nice
to these cultural minorities (to which I belong),  so the floodgates open
and the pent up abuse gushes out.  Who is more able to defend themselves,
Dipierdomenico when someone calls him a Wog on a football field or a shy and
mystical misfit bullied by a cruel Greek father and an emotionally absent
and totally domineering mother, and now having to deal with the social abuse
of the woman he loves.  I really do admire this man immensely - just for
surviving and eventually graduating into leading his own life - that takes
courage.

One group should not be earmarked for abuse, while another is protected -
that is the basis of bigotry and every human evil that has ever occurred on
earth. (Now I'm sure that's an overstatement, but what the heck, it has
drama on its side!)

Thus endeth the sermon in the year of our Lord 2007.

Amen

Christine

   _____