atw: Re: Master/sub-documents and corruptions.

  • From: Suzy <SuzyDavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:44:56 -0500 (CDT)

<Terry wrote: snip>

Suzy, I also see no problem in documenting tips and aids in
helping folk work more efficiently. I'm in the process of doing so
as I attempt to get rid of a template with lots of macros that
manually format the Normal style. (What I don't understand is why
there are hundreds of para styles in the template, when only
Normal and a few headings appear in the doc.) I'm replacing the
template with one where each different style is accompanied by a
new paragraph style.

<end snip>

I quite agree Terry; and am incredibly grateful to both Warren and
Steve H for the many hours they have put in to researching master
docs to find how to pin them down.  I was just laughing at how W
suggested that this meant that there was no problem.

And it's something I do in my trainings especially when I'm
talking about Word's other flawed functionality - bullets and
numbering...

cheers
Suzy