[astcq-discuss] Re: Life Out There?

  • From: birtley_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:20:54 +1000

The tech writers bible is the AGPS Style Manual (Australian Government Printing
Service I think).

My personal opinion, structure is much more important than grammar.  A good
proofreader can fix bad grammar quickly, but it takes a really good editor a
great
deal of time to fix bad structure.  Bad structure leads to a whole range of
other
problems as well, such as completeness of the information, or relevance of the
information etc.

So go for training in writing principles as a higher priority than grammar - I
recommend Information Mapping taught by Tactics Consulting - unless you are
brilliant at all the rest already.

ck