[AR] Re: thinking big once more

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:54:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, John Dom wrote:

Elon's presentation could have been made in 1970 and we could have been dining on Mars in 2016.

There was no shortage of such presentations in 1970. If making a presentation was the same thing as building a rocket, by now NASA would have colonized the entire solar system and would be launching starships.

I hope he'll come up with who he believes is going to invest in/pay for such a colossus project.

Exactly. The problem with giant rockets has never been a shortage of dreams to do presentations about; the problem has always been finding someone who's willing to pay for them.