[AR] Re: 500,000 tons

  • From: Henry Vanderbilt <hvanderbilt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 21:02:30 -0700

On 4/6/2014 8:49 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
How do you scale Falcon's to 500,000 tons per year to GEO?

Why on God's green earth would anyone (other than you of course, Keith) either want to or expect to? If SSP on that scale ever does come about, it will be an incremental, gradual, many-projects distributed thing, NOT some command-economy White Sea Canal project.

How do you
scale that level to 20 times that much?

Incrementally, via the market.

Or not, if no market for that ever develops.

  If SpaceX can do it, I want
to talk to them.  I don't think they can.

That's OK, Keith, I suspect SpaceX will survive the blow.