Re: [ARMini-support] Acorn Mode now on download site for testing

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:28:27 +0100

> Thanks for your hard work Andrew. AcornMode seems to be a nice improvement
> over
> previous versions of ArcEM. However for the time being I won't be using
> either.
> Main problem seems to be CPU temperature going straight through the roof
> when
> running processor-heavy tasks. Hoping to keep my BB cool in future by
> means of
> passive cooling elements. Actually just bought them today, so might fit
> them
> tomorrow.

What sort of temperatures are you seeing - 1Ghz systems usually seem
to run about 60degrees which is well within spec.  If you're seeing
higher than that, can you provide info?  IIRC you're not using an
ARMini case - is the board enclosed or open-air?

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS