Re: [ARMini-support] Acorn Mode now on download site for testing

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:31:22 +0100

In message <CAAdMGhco9xEWxXwSg_uem3YdxB2wO53d2NM=9Yke120tHTDNWQ@xxxxxx
mail.com>
          Franck Martinaux <franck.martinaux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I got the chance to test AcornMode yesterday and as a newbie to the Acorn
> world I must say it is a very nice
> piece of software well integrated to the host OS.
> It was really fun to play some of games i used to play on my amiga back in
> the days.

> I have few questions (just curious) :
> - are you actualy emulating the CPU or it is just a pass throught to the
> CortexA8 ?
> - How far are we to get some joystick support ?

Joystick support isn't overly likely, although !HID may provide some
kind of emulation if memory serves to the main OS, which might allow
keypresses to be emulated.

Compared with the Amiga scene, RISC OS users tended to use the
keyboard rather than joystick for gaming - there simply wasn't much of
a joystick standard out there initially, and whilst there were ports
on the A3010 if memory serves, game support for joysticks was always a
bit iffy. Most Acorn gamers ended up with muscle-memory for ZX '/ Ret!

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS