[argyllcms] Re: dispcalGUI 0.2b

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:47:36 +0100

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> it took me longer than anticipated, but now a new version of my display
> calibration GUI for Argyll is available. Here are some of the new features
> in this release:

I tested the "install display profile" tool today at my gnome desktop.
And I think there is a bug in the placement of the  shell script on
the gnome desktop.  On my system the shell script are placed by
dispcalGUI here:
ltg@buntu:~$ locate dispwin-d1

/home/ltg/.gnome2/dispwin-d1-c-L.sh

/home/ltg/.kde/Autostart/dispwin-d1-c-L.sh

It is also a shell script but I think at least gnome require a
.desktop  file. On my system, user autostart files are placed in the
folder ~/.config/autostart/

I think this is the correct spec for this kinds of thing:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/

For gnome there could also be a check to see if gnome-screensaver
(gnome-screensaver --version) is newer than 0.25. If it's older it is
required with a stop of gnome-screensaver, then load the gamma table,
and then start gnome-screensaver again.

A choice for install with oyranso will of course also be very welcome.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen