[argyllcms] Re: When should vgct be loaded in LUT during measurements?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 02:09:14 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
Suppose I've calibrated or calibrated/profiled my display using dispcal,
and I want to redo the profile using targen, etc.   Should I have the
vgct loaded as i go through the procedure.  Or, does it make any
difference?

dispread takes care of that automatically, you just have to feed
it the calibration file. If you don't give it a file, it will
use the display as it finds it, but won't include the calibration
in the resulting .ti3 file, so it won't get put into the final
ICC profile.

Similarly, suppose I just want to use discpal -o to recalibrate, etc..
Does it make any difference if I don't restore the video LUT to its
default state?

dispcal takes care of setting the VideoLUTs appropriately, given
that it uses them to control the test patch values.