[argyllcms] Re: Explain what happened

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:47:14 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
Is it possible to tell my version of X11 under Fedora 9 what my display
profile is?   If so, how do I do it?  And if I did it, would any of my
applications be able to make use of it.  gimp is supposed to be able to
use the system monitor profile, and I believe that other applications
are also supposed to be able to do it.

X11 as such doesn't "know" about profiles. But an Atom is a way of
setting an attribute that X11 makes available to applications.

I understand that the appropriate atom is _ICC_PROFILE.   I've found out
how to list atoms, but I don't see any way to set one.

dispwin -L as explained here <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PM5>,
and here <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispwin.html#I>.