[argyllcms] Re: telling X11 about location of display profile.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:46:55 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
Apparently, when I ran dispwin -I xxxx.icc, it created a file ~/.config/color.jcnf
which I presume will be consulted each time I run dispwin -L.

Yes.

So when I start X by logging in,  I could either just run
dispwin -I xxxx.icc

or
dispwin -I xxxx.cal or xcalib xxxx.icc
and
dispwin -L

Presently, I am doing the former.

Why ? The intention is that you would run dispwin -I whenever
you create a new profile, and dispwin -L automatically
on logging in.

Things are beginning to make sense to me again.  But I am not satisfied
with the profiles I've produced using dispcal -o.  There is a distinct
magenta tint to my grayscale test image, which I can't seem to get rid
of. It may have to do with a failure to account for ambient light in the
process, but when I do that, I get very large gammas, and, if I remember
correctly,  I still get the magenta tint.

Sorry, no idea without a lot more specific information (ie. exactly
what profiles, what readings etc. Magenta compared to what ?). I've not
seen such things myself. The only reports from others I recall like
this ended up being due to faulty colorimeters.