[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:45:47 +1000

A couple of other little things I learnt on the way and had to bug Graeme
about: ;^)

I used the 'fakeread' command to create a dummy TI3
file, discarding the measurements and replacing them with the real
measurements. IMPORTANT: After you have created the TI3, ensure that the
DEVICE_CLASS is set to "OUTPUT" if you wish to create perceptual
tables.  (if DEVICE_CLASS is set to "DISPLAY", the profile command
will ignore any request to create the perceptual tables)

The target *may* have some dummy patches, because printtarg ensures that
the last strip of the target is padded out so that there are no empty
patches.  These patches have a SAMPLE_ID of 0 in the TI2, and can be removed

from your list of measurements. (although I guess there would
be no harm in incorporating them as well, ensuring that the NUMBER_OF_SETS
value in the TI3 is adjusted accordingly)

Greg.