[argyllcms] Re: Display Calibration Hardware Capabilities

  • From: Rishi Sanyal <rishi.j.sanyal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:17:29 -0700

Ethan's review is nice b/c he has an n>1 for most of his devices. His
n of 1 for the Munki makes it a bit suspect. But in general any review
such as this is interesting to me b/c I don't see enough of these
tests out there & I don't think there's any reason an end-user should
be running tests like this. It's impractical. Yet we need someone to
do tests like these to hold companies accountable for their products.

I don't want to spend hundreds of $$ to then later realize I should've
spent thousands of $$ on a better product when I finally go to print &
realize something's completely off in my work-flow. Or even spend the
time trying to figure out which part of my workflow is broken. Sadly,
this is usually what ends up happening though, e.g. when I realized my
i1 Display 2 made a completely screwed up profile for my wide-gamut
Dell monitor (which only became obvious when I went to print).

Just my 2 cents,
Rishi