[argyllcms] Re: Contributed ccmx files

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:25:53 +1100

darzur wrote:
I  don't  think  that  ccmx  created  for  a  particular  monitor/calibrator
combination  will  be useful for any another combo. It's mainly because very
poor  inter-instrumental  agreement  between cheap colorimeters. Spyder 3 or
i1D are proven to have up to 18dE between instruments. If you add variations
between  monitors  to  this  equation  then it's clearly visible that matrix
created  by  me  will  be  most probably useless to any of you. Additionally
using  such matrix you will never be sure whether everything is OK or not as
you don't have any reference.

I guess an approach to (partially) address this would be to pool
many such corrections, and take an average of them. Given the difficulty
of getting one such correction matrix for a particular display + colorimeter
combination, I am not so optimistic about this being feasible though.