[argyllcms] Re: Contributed ccmx files

  • From: Sam Berry <samkberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:11:06 +0100

I have personally come across 4 Spyders from different eras and can most
certainly say that they are very variable. I actually have 2 at the moment
and on an RGB LED screen I suspect that they read the white point at least
20 deltaE differently. One of them is actually about right. Not the one that
came bundled with the RGB LED screen unfortunately. Datacolor have been very
co-operative regarding resolving my issues though, I must add.

Since I'm struggling to make any more matrices today due to some strange
intermittent hanging I have with Argyll on my machine, I only have the
DTP-94 Matrices to contribute today for the Dell 2408WFP Samsung PVA. I have
included 10 degree observer and 1997 Shaw observer matrices as well, as I
find the 2 degree one to not correspond with (at least my) perception very
well. These are also valid for the Dell 2709W which appears to have an
identical spectrum, and likely for many other Samsung PVA screens of the
same era. Reference is i1 Pro REV C.

I must also add that I have found the utility useful. A profile made with my
DTP-94 has a much better fit than one made with my i1, and grey calibration
is no contest.

Regards,
Sam Berry