[argyllcms] Re: Contributed ccmx files

  • From: Dariusz Żurawski <zurdar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Konstantin Pyanzin <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:00:43 +0200

Hello!

> Very interesting and useful option. It allows remote making correction
> matrices.
> I think there is less difference between two monitors of the same type than
> between two Spyder3. :(
> For example, my correction matrix for "Spyder3 + HP LP2475w" combination
> works fine on NEC 2690WUXi2. But it does not work well for my friend's
> Spyder3 (on HP LP2475w).

It  is  exactly  what  I  was thinking about. :) But I'd like to use two icc
profiles  -  one  taken  from monitor's manufacturer and one created with my
Spyder.  Of  course  it  will  not  give good accuracy, but will be probably
better  than  no  correction at all. One thing I'm not sure of, is what is a
real difference between monitors of particular type, so I don't know whether
is   manufacturer's  profile  accurate  or  not.

I'll  try to extract chromaticities from both profiles, calculate correction
matrix  and  try to embed it in ccmx file. Have anyone of you an idea how to
do it?? :)

--
Best regards,
Darek