[argyllcms] Re: Black turning down problem (the -r trick)

  • From: Elena [service address] <1007140@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:06:00 +0100

Hello Nikolay

On 15-Jan-2011, Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:

> I've done several experiment with I1 Rev.D

which is mine

> and the result are the next: The reading error with 8x8mm patches between
> differnet sheets is about 0.25-0.27dE2000. For 6x6mm patches is about 0.33,
> for 4x4mm patches error is about 0.5-0.57dE2000.

Btw, how do you obtain square patches ? Did you modify the source code or you
just scale the picture ?
Using -a it actually scales up or down the rectangle which always remains a
rectangle.
Are you using spacers ? I currently don't dare to avoid them. Or to use
patches smaller than 6x5. Also I then scale up the spacers with -A to feel
safer...

> I think there is very little crosstalk may be. The maximum crosstalk is about
> 0.08dE2000 on the glossy premium paper.
> I think smaller patches are not the source of trouble.

Actually when I obtain measurement errors those aren't evenly spreaded,
it's almost always 2-3 or 4 patches at random locations, unpredictable ones,
which come out sometimes with very high dE of even 70 or 80.
Maybe those are unavoidable after all and due to lack of very uniform scanning
speed by hand.

/&