[argyllcms] Re: Black turning down problem (the -r trick)

  • From: Elena [service address] <1007140@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:15:31 +0100

Hello Nikolay

On 14-Jan-2011, Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:

> It's clear. But... I suppose the several different, close placed in device
> space patches may be better for profiling than the same amount but duplicated

I think that depends on how the device/paper behavior is predictable, smooth,
regular. If it is, then surely better to hit a big number of patches. If it's
not, maybe half the patches but duplicated are better.
I see there's a point where adding patches doesn't improve things. But I'm
speaking by naked eye here, not by dE.
Recently I made a test profile starting from 3000 patches, then another
profile with the original 3000 patches + other 3000 preconditioned ones.
I saw no visual improvement. On the contrary, I perhaps noticed more visual
errors in the second profile than in the first one.

Yet I can't be too precise, since I'm now almost only computing -qh profiles,
and it's very time consuming - so any feedback is slow.

/&