[argyllcms] Re: Black turning down problem (the -r trick)

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:38:28 +0300

Elena wrote:

> For a good job,
> one would better create a second additional target with many many dark
> patches,
> possibly even duplicating ones, so that colprof can average them, all randomly
> spreaded on the chart.

May be the (an example)

targen -d4 -G -fxxxx -c"preliminary.icc" -A1 -f0,0,0,25 NewTarget

will help to automate the process? As I understood the targen behavior, it will
optimize the chart by device responcse
curvature first of all (if the -A parameter is 1 - default for preliminary
profile use.
The -f key can help to filter out dark patches.
As I understood the colprof, it computes different error values for the
different device space (or color space?) points. And it
can do this not only by repeated patches, but by adjacent patches too. So I
didn't see the need to duplicate the patches. The
higher number of patches per volume unit can be enough. The colprof will be
able take this into account and account the
errors more precisely. Am I mistaken?