[arachne] Re: set SDL env

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 05:21:17 -0500

Is it a case where you need the dev versions installed?

Steve wrote:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Stegozor wrote:

After a ./configure, it says
(...)
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The sdl-config script installed by SDL could not be found
*** If SDL was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the SDL_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to sdl-config.
configure: error: *** SDL version 1.2.0 not found!

I do haver libsdl1.2debian-all installed. As I don't know what exactly "set the SDL_CONFIG environment variable" means - I have a true problem with environment variables- and how to set its value, I gave up.

  If (as is almost certain) you're using bash,
$ export SDL_CONFIG=<path-to-sdl-config>

in FreeBSD, that would be /usr/local/bin/sdl-config
in Slackware, /usr/bin/sdl-config
If you can't find the full path in Debian, do
$ locate sdl-config

  Also works in Slackware, but not tested elsewhere,
$ export SDL_CONFIG=`locate sdl-config`

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --