[arachne] Re: AWFUL CLOSE BUT STILL NO DAMN CIGAR

  • From: wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:41:37 -0000

Ordinarily, YES!  Zip files help in more ways than
we can count.  BUT, in the case of email list groups,
NO, especially when not ALL MEMBERS have their
email servers set to accept file attachments, be they
ZIP, APM, ARJ, LHA, JPG, and endless list of file
extension possibitlies.  The members email servers
bounce the message back to the list server (Freelists)
which in turn sends them to list owners/moderators
"for review".  If I were on broadband highspeed, it'd
be no problemo...but with only 33.6 dialup, I'm screwed.
Then tack on that sometimes I use an even older Compaq
Deskpro with a 14.4 modem...double screwed!
Wiz  <{;-)