[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up the track

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:59:55 -0400

> > "I think that Juliette is thinking of opening a can of something on that
> > sections guys." Keavy said with an unseen grin.  She studied the pattern
of
> > ferro-crete pillars, plotting her route through them, or rather a route
that
> > gave her some good opportunities on the half-pipe.  "I assume that this
> > first run is not weapons hot, Silas...uhm...sir?"
>
> "No, there is no weapon's fire on the test run nor the time trials," Silas
> answered Keavy. "Live fire is only in the actual race."
>
> Shamus came on over the radio.  "You grease me during the time trials,
> Keavy, and you're a dead woman," he drawled wryly.

"You'd have to catch me first, Mister Fastlane."  The Cheetah playfully
wagged a finger at Shamus' gear.  "Don't forget, I've studied all of your
moves.  Wanna see the recordings?"

> The visual display had nearly reached the end of the 2300 meter
> stetch. "Moving on," Silas pressed. "This segement ends in a
> corkscrew that drops you into a 30 degree bank while spinning you
> 180. When you reach this your Gear should be moving at 48 kph
> minimum, otherwise you won't make the turn."

The engine of Striding Blade rev in anticipation.  "48 klicks?  Is that all.
No worries about that." Keavy said.

> "The corkscrew drops into one of the most difficult segments of the
> course. The half pipe drops down, forming only a shallow curve but
> also expands in width. Positioned randomly across the center of the
> track at varying lengths, ferro-concrete walls reach up as high as most
> your Gears. There is is Gear width lane on either side of the track that
> provides a straight track without obstacles, but it can also leave you
> open to get shot in the back."

> "That doesn't look much harder than the last segement," Billy exclaimed.

> "Unless they changed things around this year," Jory's voice began
> explaining, "there are also hidden spikes that randomly pop out along the
> track. Not large enough to impale your Gear, but they could take out you
> leg assembly."

"I'm sure that they've lived things up for this year." Keavy said, sounding
like a veteran of the track.  "You have to keep the crowds entertained.  I
wouldn't be surprised if there swinging obstacles in the turns."

Griz