[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up the track

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:45:55 -0600

> The Striding Blade leapt out of its maintenance bay accompanied by a belch
> of thick, black exhaust smoke.  Keavy put the machine into a small spiral
> circle and then jumped over to her new team mates.  Coming to a halt
> alongside Jory's Tiger, the Gear gave a thumbs up to Silas' Warrior.
> "Striding Blade present and accounted for." Keavy said over the comm.  "Hey
> Juliette.  You use a Vibro Rapier too?!  Cool.  We should train together
> some time.  And Jory uses the Mace.  No wimpy Vibro Knives in this crowd I
> see."

Raising her rapier, Juliette put her gear -- Felix, it had been named, long
before she took possession of it -- into a classic fencing stance. It was a
stance Juliette was familiar with, as she was as good with a rapier in her own
hands as she was holding a larger one in her gear's manipulators. The point of
the blade didn't waver as she silently saluted her teammate, then put her
machine back at ease.