[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up the track

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:14:02 -0700 (PDT)

[Cool setup, Dennis.]

> "You just can't make any attack you do, look like an
> attack," Jory interjected.
>
> "Right," Silas confirmed. "This is Khayr ad-Din. If the
> refs here that the
> crowds are loving it, you can likely get away with it,
> but,... you didn't
> hear me say that."

Juliette studied the course section carefully, noting the
grade at the end of the straightaway and the worn 'line'
racers must have jockeyed over.

> Silas waited for the simulation to reach the 1300 meter
> mark before
> contining. "Next, you hit a 30 degree bank turn that
> leads into the first
> obstacle stretch of the track. The next 2300 meters is
> strewn with tall
> ferro-concrete pylons, creating the first slalom run
> you'll have to course
> through. The pylons are evenly spaced and follow a
> distinct pattern,
> allowing you to form a rhythm if you'r not caught in a
> pack. They are also
> tall enough to provide limited obscurement for your gears
> from opponent
> fire. You'll also notice that the track takes on a half
> pipe structure -- use this to your advantage."

Smiling at seeing a slalom portion -- she'd always been
able to coax more agility out of a gear than her fellows in
the army -- Lemanz said, "Opponent fire? I take it then
that we can go on the offensive here?"