[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:40:14 -0700
On 17 Feb 2003, at 16:17, S. Blow wrote:

> >"Not ever," Xavier interupted. The Bishop took off his gloves and
> >straightened his coat. "I don't have time to waste with you underlings.
> >The Colonel isn't here, hm. I came by to collect his,... tithe."
>
> [Dennis, I'd like to request a Streetwise roll to see how much my character
> knows about Bishop Xavier and the group he represents.]

[GM: Sure, since this is a matter of knowing or not knowing (not a
challenge of wits aginst Xavier) and your character is experienced at
being Streetwise, I'll give it a fixed Threshold of 3 (Easy). <Roll> Doh!
You rolled 2 and 2. That's a MOF of 1.

OK, you've heard rumors of a prominent faction in Khayr ad-Din called
Mother Superior and the Priesthood, but aren't really sure who they
are or what they do. You haven't heard of Bishop Xavier.]

> Shamus stepped up next to Matsuo.  "Any dealings you have with the Colonel
> will have to wait until he gets back.  You can either wait or come back
> later, it's your call."

"No, Xavier," a voice boomed from behind the trio. "You don't get to
choose. You'll leave now." A man nearly as tall as a GREL and built
like a Barnaby, strode into view. He pushed sawed-off shotguns, one
in each hand, into the backs of the two bodyguards. "Raise 'em high.
Where I can see them, boys." The two bodyguards flinched. "I
wouldn't," the man warned, pushing the barrels into the small of their
backs.

"Sergeant Gustav," Xavier announced, slowly turning - himself,
placing his hands up. "You always escalate things to violence."

"I like to call it, preemption," Gustav smiled.

"Well, whatever you call it; it is growing tiresome." Looking at the two
bodyguards, Xavier frowned. "You two are fired." Turning to look
back at the rest of the Redliner team, particularly Shamus, he
continued. "I guess that I should leave. You will tell the Colonel that I
dropped by?"