[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:55:16 -0700 (MST)

> [ Okay... seriously... before I reply, can I get some clarification,
> Dennis?  When does Scott's post fit in?  Is it after my last post and
> before Felicity's line?  Or, did it occur "in the past," and we're just
> glossing over it?  Please just let me know!  I'm not sure what kind of
> response she'll have to that bit, but I'd like to know where it falls.

[GM: Sure, that's a good question. Here's where I'm placing it.

> > "What?" Luc cowered. "She's a vatrat. Humans aren't born in test
> > tubes."

Shamus looked up from the Iguana's engine block.  "That's right, Luc.  Never
forget that this 'Tina' was designed for the express purpose of killing you,
your family, and enslaving this planet.  Oh sure, it's not her fault, it's
what she was made for.  She's like a rifle or a Gear: a tool designed to
kill.  I don't suppose you felt much of anything when you were murdering
Peace River civilians during the War, right?"

<snip out Tina's dialog>

>>> Her expression was, unfortunately for Felicity and Luc,
>>> expressionless.
>>
>> There was a long pause by all three. Finally, Felicity spoke up.
>> "Well, that was a conversation stopper."
>>
>> Just then the back door slammed open and a large group of young
>> adults squeezed through the door. They seemed so engaged in their own
>> conversation, seeming to gackle like a flock of Daks, that they didn't
>> notice anyone. As the group rounded the prone Iguana.  "Hey Shamus!"
>> shouted the young woman in the lead. She had numerous
>> peircing running up the ears and her hair was bright red. "How's it
>> han-
>> - Whoa!" The woman thrust out her arms, stopping everyone dead in
>> their tracks. The whole crowd stopped, looking at Tina with a look of
>> surprise on their faces. I twas hard not to notice that she stood
>> nearly
>> two meters tall.
>>
>> A large, burly kid with a nose ring spoke up. "Ah, we're not getting
>> another one, are we?"
>>
>> Felicity frowned, motioning to the motley conflagration. "Tina, this
>> is the Pit Crew. Well, a good portion of them. Pit Crew, this is Tina,
>>  and,
>> yes, she is a Kassandra-class GREL who will working with Luc and I.
>> She's an expert in electronic systems and will be helping all of us
>> out here."
>>
>> Felicity looked back at Tina. "You know, you will have to direct these
>> goons if need be in managing and repairing the gears' electronics in
>> the pits. You think you can handle supervising these guys?"
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> One of the young men stepped forward and gingerly held out his
>> hand. "Wow, this is so cool, a Kassandra-class GREL. It is a pleasure
>> to meet you. Tina, is it? I'm Saddik, but most people just call me
>> Wizkid. I specialize on electronic systems too."
>>
>> [...]

[GM: I hope that helps.]