[amc] a note form the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:09:59 -0600

I pray you are finding enrichment and encouragement as you begin your journey into the season of Lent.

As we begin Lent we are invited to follow Jesus into the wilderness. What tempts us? How do we want to control our own destiny? How do we try to be our own gods? Can we accept God’s grace? Can we let God control our destiny? Can we trust God with ourselves?

With a symbol of promise emblazoned across the sky, God moves from destruction to provision for all our needs. We respond in trust, giving ourselves to God and believing God’s promise.

The sermon, 'Respecting the regions beyond us,' will be composed from these passages: Genesis 9:8-17, Mark 1:9-15, and 2 Peter 3:18-22.

We will also be offering 'Communion' and 'Marking the cross of Christ by ashes' for persons desiring to participate in these rituals.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,