[amc] Re: Catholic Mennonites? Mennonite Catholics?

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steve Friesen" <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nevitt D. Reesor" <reesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:05:46 -0500

Yes, well, I have an adopted sister, Urszula, who is a Mennocat (Mennonite Catholic). Here's a brief part of her story. She was born Catholic in Poland. In the 70's her husband, Janusz, was a political organizer for Lech Walesa and was imprisoned. He was released from prison with the understanding that he would leave the country. My family in Oregon, sponsored this couple and their son Peter, to come to Oregon. About ten years ago, Urszula joined the Mennonite church. However, she didn't leave the Catholic church. I don't believe she ever officially informed either church of her affiliation with the other, but she has dear friends in both who know and accept her decision. Ray

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Friesen" <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>