[amayausers.com] Re: extended warranty

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:57:47 UT

This message was posted by Robyn on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/394.html#000007

Speaking of Warranties:

Am I the only one that this happened to...

I traded in my old Amaya for the new XT because according to my sales rep, it
would be cheaper for me to buy an XT with a 5 year warranty than to pay for the
extended warranty on my old machine for 5 years.

I was told that the 5 year warranty included parts and labor 100% and the
travel fee for the tech in my area is $25 - $35.

Now I am being told from Melco that my 5 year warranty really isn't a 5 year
warranty and it's about to expire!! And, if I need a service call, the trip
charge is not $35 --- it's more like $150.

Did I miss something here? What were you told about your XT warranty? Feedback
appreciated!

That old saying is starting to make sense to me now ---

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"