[amayausers.com] Re: extended warranty

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:13:44 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/394.html#000004

Hugo...I was only going by what I was told by a tech and someone else in the
chat when the extended warranty was brought up around a year or two ago. I
think it was the 'needle bar assembly' or something large-not the every day
little things that break-but something major.
Considering someone that is running their amaya for their sole source of
business income-having 'down time' waiting for a part and scheduling in a
service tech 'on their own' can be a long wait-every day down is costing them
money. With the extended warranty-things happen a lot faster and you are back
up and running faster. The yearly  tuneup alone with the minor adjustments,
usually 4-5 hours worth of tech time-is well worth the price of the extended
warranty and has caught several 'problems ready to hit' so they got fixed.
Would we ever consider buying another machine instead of continuing the
warranty? NO-not ever. IF we wanted a second machine, new or used-we would make
sure it came with the warranty.
These are awfully expensive machines to turn them into paperweights...
Roland