[amayausers.com] Re: Ka Chung

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:56:51 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/398.html

Hi folks - yesterday I was catching up on some orders and about 20,000 stitches
in on one of my XTs, about every 75-100 stitches I noticed a "Ka Chung" sound
and all of the needle bars or whatever you call the black thingies that
protrude out from the front of the needle case would jump a bit when the sound
was made.

I stopped the machine and switched from needle 15 to needle 9 but it continued
to do the same thing.  To me this rules out a particular needle bar problem.
It seems to be getting a bit more frequent and now does it about every 50
stitches or so, although sometimes it will go a few hundred before Ka Chunging.
 I put a few drops of oil in the top reservoir and also one on the needle bars
but to no avail.

Can someone give me some guidance on what I can check out to solve this?  Is it
a simple lack of lubrication issue?  I don't think so becuase I had a full PMI
about 6 million sititches ago.

thanks in advance
Tom  :(