[amayausers.com] Re: Ka Chung

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:01:46 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/398.html#000004

Dr. Ed (and others):  First off - thanks for the great response to my question.
 I had several folks email me both on and off the boards with suggestions and
also props to my tech, John Cathers, who called me that evening.

After trying all the ideas you folks gave me, including oiling, centering the
needle, lighting candles, etc. I thought I had the problem solved as I sewed a
number of t-shirts without incident.  Last night I was embroidering on a
blanket and the Ka Chung sound and jumping returned.

This leads me to believe it has something to do with either the weight or the
thickness of the blanket.  The acti-feed runs between 12-18 most of the time on
these blankets.  I supported the hoop arms with my hands but that didn't make
it go away.

After the blanket, I sewed on some scrap materials and all was well.  Now I'm
really confused.

I sew about 15 blankets a week for one customer so I need to get this resolved
although I don't think I'm ready to call in the cavalry (my tech) yet since my
other machine handles tha blankets fine.   Anyone have ideas on what would
cause it only on thicker, heavier items?

thanks
Tom