[amayausers.com] Re: constant thread breaks

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:11:27 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/945.html#000005

It doesn't seem like anyone's addressed this but if your sewing a diaper on the
non -auto setting. 3 is very low, we would use 3 on a T-shirt with one layer of
backing. on a thick Diaper I would use around a 7 or 8 to start and then adjust
after that. Watch for looping, if it does then lower the number, if you see
bobbin thread or stitches break and are really tight go up. The number seems
(in my opinion) to be more of a suggestion than an actual real number that
means the same for us all. It has a lot to do with the material your sewing on,
and the bobbin tension and so on, but it is a good place to start.

Good Luck
Ron