[amayausers] Re: Copperplate bold font

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:28:27 -0700

Jan,

One thing I just noticed is your description of the font, it states, Copperplate bold font, as the one that comes with Design Shop does not have the word bold in its description, are you using a True Type Font?

Some information that you all may not be aware of is the Styles of Tie Stitches available. The style 1 does not do the same thing when used as a Tie In as it does when used a Tie Out. When used as a Tie Out, it will move up and inside the column of the letter, and make some stitches that go over the top of each other, making a more positive type of tie out combination. The Style Type 5 was mentioned earlier, and it does a good job as well, but sometimes when used as Tie Off, it can protrude out of the column making an unwanted effect. Another thing to keep in mind is that none of the True Type fonts will have underlay. It is best to use at least a Center Walk underlay. This really helps with the Tie In stitches.

Jeff Banks
Melco Embroidery Systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Calahan" <jcalahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>