[amayausers] Re: Amaya Specific Digitizers Myth

  • From: "Don Hanson" <terradon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:10:59 -0600

That's how I read it. Using 75/11 needles a 1mm stitch would have .25mm
between needle penetrations, which is a pretty good minimum for trouble free
stitching on any machine. Of course, you still have density settings that
could still bring the needle down onto previous stitches.

I'm well versed in Design Shop, but I not familiar at all with AOS. I'm not
a fan of having the machine filter stitches. I'd much rather do the
filtering in DS where I can look at the actual stitches and make sure that
the filtering isn't causing unexpected problems. Sometimes, less than 1mm or
10pts, is not only ok, but necessary for some elements. A #9 needle and 60wt
thread. Tiny lettering on top of a fill, etc. That's where the skill of the
digitizer and their knowledge comes into play.

Don