[amayausers] : Amaya Specific Digitizers Myth

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:02:01 +1000

My designs run well  on my  the happy, tajima and amaya .

If  one had to digitze specially for the Amaya that would make the Amaya
an inferior machine in my books.

A badly digitized design will run badly on every brand of machine.

I would like to hear input from others who own other brands of machines
including the Amaya.

Anand

As John has pointed out-this already digitized design is NOT well
digitized
and does NOT sew out well.
Yes, a 'well digitized design' WILL run better on all machines-but a
'well digitized' design that is 'optimized' for an Amaya will run better
on that Amaya, and most likely superior on other machines. The problem
being with this design-that 'someone' thought it ran fine on their
system-and it looks like garbage. Customer isn't pleased with it-and
since John wants to put out a superior product, he wants to have it
digitized for his Amaya. What's the big deal? I understand exactly what
he is saying. I deal with garbage all day long from clients and even
their 'media agents' that think they know how to do graphics simply
because they are sitting in front of a computer that makes nice colors.
Just because their logo looks 'perfect' on their computer does NOT mean
it will work as the artwork I need to print their banner, or screen
their shirts...and means I have to 'digitize' it for each one of my
applications. Equipment specific digitizing-to get optimum results. Just
3 days ago after several phone calls and emails explaining what I needed
for a ONE COLOR design for his bar glass imprints-my 'educated' client
sends me the result...a 72 dpi jpg in EIGHT colors. To him, that is a
one color image. Yup....1 color for the main
outlines and
larger areas-with 7 other shades or color fills.
This design I've looked at for John has multiple outlines and shadows
around 1/4" letters, 'shading' on 3/16" wide oval outlines, with back
shadow
behind those...no wonder it sews like mud!

30/10/2006