[amayausers] Re: AM I TICKED

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:10:39 -0700

Does Melco have a tech in Seattle?  Your tech may actually be coming from
someplace besides Seattle.  My teck lives in Florence, OR and am pretty sure
he is one of the techs that covers part of WA, just not sure how far he goes
or where the next closest one is besides Rod in ID.

I guess I should share my experiences.  I have owned 3 AMAYA's for over 2
years now.  All of them are in the low 200's as far as production goes.  In
the first year there were some serious software issues we had to deal with
and had a few minor problems with the machines.  The last year they worked
out almost all of the problems.  My downtime over the last 2 years does not
even come close to effecting how much production I have gotten out of the
machines.  I also have 4 single head EMT's and 1 4 head EMT so fotunately
when I have a little down time it doesn't kill me.  As far as a comparison
of production goes.  There are times when my 3 AMAYA's will produce about 2
times as much work as my 4 head.  I run most all my flat contract production
work on the AMAYA's with some of it falling over onto the 4 head.  I use my
single heads for both hats and smaller jobs, names, etc.

I am asked over and over, "If you did it all over again would you buy
AMAYA?"  and I have to say yes.  I compare the good with the bad and figure
out how much money the AMAYA's are making in comparison and yes, I am very
happy with my machines.

As far is Melco's customer service goes, I have always been well taken care
of and find everyone at Melco to be friendly and very helpful whether it is
a small problem or a big one they have always been there to take care of me.

Guess I should get busy, it's too quiet in here this morning with nothing
running :)

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx