[access-uk] Re: Free Screenreader Is There already

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:03:37 +0200

I did already get in touch with the Developers and heard back from them. They said they had to temporarily withdraw Thunder because of some American piracy issues. I wonder who would want or need to pirate a free screeneader?!

I have not seen any particular pattern to the sticky key issue yet - and that option is turned off in windows itself - other than that it is persistent. I hope the people developing Thunder will help get rid off it.

Cheers,

Doris

At 10:53 AM 5/24/2006 +0100, you wrote:

Doris,
I can download the documentation (which looks very promising) but not the installer itself -
only an apology! Looks as if it was withdrawn soon after your download.

Your point about version 1.0 is a good one. Versions 1.0 of Webbie and the related
Accessible products from the same stable have had to be much improved since their initial
release. I found that my feedback was appreciated and seriously considered for the next
version. If your sticky keys problem persists I am sure that they would be grateful if you
draw their attention to it as soon as possible.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison