atw: Re: Mouses??

  • From: "Bob Trussler" <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:49:01 +1000

Howard,

The dictionary writers are not "lords and masters" but writers (maybe even technical writers) and they ask for comments from any reader. Why not send them a note with your comments and your usage. Bob T

Underlying the discussion seems to be an assumption that what we think

about this is irrelevant and we should just shut up and do what we're told
by the lords and masters who write the dictionaries.

Come on, guys - we're technical writers, aren't we? Who is better
positioned to comment on technical terminology? The dictionary-makers only
put technical terms there because people who write technical documents
start using them - people like us.

Howard