atw: Re: Mouses??

  • From: Janice Gelb <janice.gelb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:22:00 +1000

I-Ashley, Bruce wrote:

I shouldn't have to tell you how to suck eggs but 'Mouses' is recognized as the ONLY form in both the Macquarie and the Oxford. This was pointed out in two previous emails in the thread. If this word is too uncomfortable, then avoid its use.

I realize from the citation of Macquarie in this message that I should have mentioned that the style guide recommending "mouse devices" to which I referred is written by and for Americans (and ironically is sometimes quoted as an authoritative source in other contexts :-> )

-- Janice