atw: Re: Mouses??

Dear Stuart (B)

Such use of your nous is so nice to see.

But why is the plural of house not hice
and the plural of grouse not grice?

(If Alan Grice won 144 x V8 Supercar races in a row, would that be a
gross of real grouse racing by Gricey?  Goodness "gricious" me!)

Still, the plural of spouse could be spice, depending on your mindset.

Ah, Spice, the final frontier!

Cheers,

Micky G.
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au

At 12:58 28/09/2006, you wrote:
I'm not really bothered by either mouses or mice.
I'd be happy to follow whatever the local style guide said.
You might think I'm a louse for saying that, and you might
even think Howard is a louse for posing the question.
What would that make us--two louses? A couple of lice?
A lousy couple? Two louse personalities?

"subscribe" in the Subject field.

"unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx