atw: Re: Mouses??

  • From: "Melanie Kendell" <melanie.kendell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:44:26 +1000

On 28/09/06, Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Janice said they would avoid using even that
("we try to rewrite so as to use the singular").
I'm just asking why... I'm not really bothered by either mouses or mice.

Simply because some people *are* bothered by these terms, so if you can rewrite to avoid pluralising it then all well and good (although I would prefer to restructure the sentence rather than invent something like mouse devices).

-Melanie