[zxspectrum] Re: ELITE va avanti...pre ordini attivi di nuovo e filmato nuovo con test ;)

  • From: Malantrucco Carlo <carlo.malantrucco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:32:51 +0100

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 20/mar/2015, alle ore 14:05, Malantrucco Carlo
<carlo.malantrucco@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> sembra che alcuni titoli (non da poco) non avranno mai il permesso per girare
> sui prodotti di Elite Systems

A giudicare dai commenti di alcuni programmatori, mi chiedo se il signor Steve
Wilcox di Elite Systems abbia qualche ascendenza italiana ... :-(

Polygon has reached out to the developers with games in the ZX Spectrum app for
comment and will share more details as we receive them.

Update: Bowkett told Polygon this morning that he thinks Wilcox's open letter
is still part of a ruse.

"This statement is clearly just another feeble attempt at obfuscation by Mr.
Wilcox," Bowkett said. "He still desperately clings to the hope that by pulling
the wool over our eyes he'll keep all the balls in the air and live to see
another day. He urges us to 'set out all issues which we wish to be addressed'
when thousands of people are already fully up to speed on the ‘issues'. He
seems to have failed to notice that social media has rendered transparency one
the of most important tenets of modern business. In the 21st century, a tap on
the table is all that's needed to bring down a shabby little house of cards
such as his, as unfolding events will clearly demonstrate."

Update 2: Vortex Software developer Panayi told Polygon he thinks Wilcox's
statement is an attempt to "hide the truth."

"This shows he is still trying to hide the truth — that he blatantly withheld
all royalty payments for his own profit and was actively engaged in preventing
any progress towards any contractual resolution," he said.

"He knows very well what the issues are, my solicitor has written to him on
numerous occasions," he added.

Update 3: Simon Ullyatt of Cronosoft told Polygon that he believes that it is
irresponsible of Wilcox to be unaware of the developers' issues.

"I'd just like to say that I'm very disappointed that it's been left up to the
developers, which to the best of my knowledge none have been paid, to contact
Mr. Wilcox with their 'issues,'" he said. "As Mr. Wilcox was the one who
initiated the contracts in the first place, he should be completely aware that
the developers have been ignored and unpaid for such a long time. It seems like
a frantic damage limitation exercise at best, to add a positive spin on some
very shady business."

Per dire una parola conclusiva, io non mi fiderei di affidare i miei soldi ad
un soggetto come il signor Steve Wilcox.

Carlo