[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Search redesign for ZBS

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:52:50 -0700

Hi Derek,

> The escape/shift-escape work well for closing the dialog, though it is kind
> of a non-obvious solution.

I pushed a change that adds a hint to the search status about closing the panel.

> Bug: if you drag the slider between the Editor and the Find dialog, the find
> Dialog expands. I would advise making it a fixed size, or anchor the text
> boxes to the top and bottom of the control.

It's a "feature"; I'm not sure I want to do anything about it. There
is a way to make the panel a fixed size, but the border is not so nice
as the current one. You can always resize it back and it won't get
smaller than needed.

In terms of the split tabs, I'll probably keep it as is, but if you
split it yourself, I'll make it to remember the position of the tab
and will restore the split. This will be added at the same time when
the settings are going to be saved.

I'm not convinced multiple tabs with search results will be useful
enough to warrant the related confusion. I'll probably keep a single
tab (you can always copy the results if you want to save the content)
and will give some time to gather feedback.

I have a question about configurable number of context lines: would
you like more or fewer of them? I thought 2 lines is a good default
value...

Paul.