[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Remote debugging: IDE project path vs. actual file path

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:34:09 -0800

Hi Jan,

> When having startup.lua open in ZBS AND viewing it (ONLY working case!):
> When having startup.lua not open at all inside ZBS (but autoactivate) and
> viewing the same file as above: Same results as above.

I think part of the issue is caused by the assumption that ZBS makes
that the opened file is the one that the debugging has to stop in (and
adjusts the basedir and other settings to match that assumption).

You can avoid triggering all this logic that gets in the way in your
case if you set `debugger.runonstart = true` as this will avoid
stopping in the current file and will simply run until a breakpoint is
hit (or you suspend the application). I suspect that in your case this
should resolve the issue and avoid the dependence on the file opened
in the IDE. You will still need to use basedir() call to set the
basedir, but both of your test cases should work.

Paul.