Re: [yoshimi-user] Oooo what have we here?

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:17:59 +0000

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:54:55 -0600
"Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mr. Godfrey! It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your
synth designs are a great blessing for me personally, as well as many
others I have met.

Why, thank you :) I'm delighted that my patches are of use to others.

I found that 0.055.1 is up; it compiles and runs very well for me. Cal,
so far 0.055.1 has beaten my usual stress testing far better than any
other version. It's only been a few minutes...:-)...but it really does
look like your latest set of work is doing us all lots of good!!!

Will (I hope I may call you Will), it interests me considerably that you
are using 64studio 3b3. Do you add repos to it? And what
version/versions of Jack do you use?

Sounds a good idea to me - it is my name - when people call me Mr
Godfrey, I wonder if I've done something wrong! (college years)

The install was 64studio 3b3, but since then I first had to add the
debian lenny repository because some tools were not available, or were
too old. Just recently I had to add the squeeze repository to get the
current version of asound so that Yoshimi would compile.

I don't update the whole system any more just patch in where it is
essential. In the main it still seems to be very stable, but I am keen
to see a new version of 64studio. I have a strong feeling that by now
my system is not optimal, and I'm probably not getting the best
possible performance from it.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk