[yoshimi] Re: Random Detune

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 23:12:59 +0000

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 16:32:05 +0000
Gilles <blondingilles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will, I think this is a great feature and as for your comment "Hmmm. Maybe
change the label to 'Humanise'?"
I think this is also the term used in other programs like Hydrogen and Ardour.
Gilles

OK, that settles it :)

The latest 'master' has a slider now. Also, previously there was an error in
the math (never my best subject) giving a much higher detune than I thought. It
is now reasonably accurate and covers the range 0 to 50 cents.

I still can't make up my mind whether it should be stored in patch sets or in
the individual instrument file :(

I'm slightly leaning towards it being in patch sets. Partly because it doesn't
mess with existing stored instruments but can work with them, and partly because
it seems to me it's part of an overall performance.

Ho Hum

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk