OT--Win7 and disk partitions

  • From: Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:11:54 -0500

Please indulge me, I think this has been answered before, but if I reserve C: for the OS, and install all programs on D:, does that mean that when I have to re-format C: and re-install the factory version of the OS, that I won't have to re-install and re-customize my programs? Sounds too good to be true. Don't those programs depend on the Registry, which is on C:?

Secondly, I'm getting a Win7 free from a friend. In terms only of running Xy, is there any real penalty, in speed or anything else, for running it under Win7 vs. under XP?

Thanks for any suggestions.
--Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx