Re: OT: FireFox: Here We Go Again . . . .

  • From: Neville <nev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:45:46 +1200

I run FireFox Nightly http://nightly.mozilla.org/ which STILL has a switch which allows you to pretty much run what you want addon wise.

and only a handful of addons (and English etc spell checkers). I run the latest betas etc of all of these

The following are all in ACTIVE development with highly responsive and talented authors.

"Classic Theme Restorer" puts Firefox back (mostly) to how it was, by the ever responsive "Aris".
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/versions
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2827985
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2827985&start=4095

NoScript.  You CAN'T live on the net without this one
http://noscript.net/getit

If you haven't used it it may "bite" until you figure it out. Some pages will barely work at all until one enables various scripts/trackers etc

I also use the ad blocking proxy "proxomitron" (unfortunately not in development due to the death of the programme creator Scott R. Lemmon in 2003.)
http://www.prxbx.com/forums/

Recently a Japanese group took it on and are trying hard to expand the original concept. Code on Github
https://github.com/amate/Proxydomo

and this little gem to download videos off youtube etc
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/?src=ss
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/versions

plus a couple of others