[xmlspif] Re: Grouping 'like' categories using the name attribute in securityCategoryTagSet

  • From: "Alan Borland" <Alan.Borland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <xmlspif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:01:48 +0100

I think it is correct we don't extend the standard to meet that obscure
requirement that every customer inevitably has, but at the same time I
also think it is wrong that we create our own private extensions, on the
basis that if we need the extension then the possibility for someone
else needing the extension is higher.  Is it worth publicising any
private extensions we (all) create on the site (using a "spifex:"
namespace for example?), so we all have a point of reference, and if in
the future one extension seems popular it can then be incorporated into
the standard?

Alan.